Steak Sarnie Ingredients
- 1 x 285g/10oz rump steaks
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf ciabatta or baguette
- 1-2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 handful of rocket or watercress
- juice of 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
Steak Sarnie Method
- Place the ciabatta just to warm in the oven for a
few minutes at 100C/225F/Gas Â¼.
- Season your steak and then sprinkle it with
rosemary. Slice it across in half, place the slices
one at a time between two pieces of clingfilm.
- Bash with a heavy object such as a frying pan or
a bottom of a bottle or even your fist until 1cm/Â½”
- Rub with a little extra virgin olive oil and lemon
- Place the steak onto the fiercely hot griddle pan
& sear on each side for just under a minute.
- Let it rest on a late while you cut your ciabatta
in half lengthways and drizzle with olive oil on one
side and spread mustard on the other
- Fill with rocket, place the steak on top then
drizzle over any juice from the meat.
Recipe by Jamie Oliver